Go beyond traditional Afro-Brazilian music with this utterly unique album.
Ritmos Afro Ecléticos is rich with the instruments that northeastern Brazil, and specifically Bahia, is known for. At the same time it draws upon the common spirituality of Bahia and Western Africa, and extends that spiritual pull all the way to Cuban Santeria and the tonalities of India.
The smooth style of the album makes it perfect for meditation and relaxing dance.
- Viagem Maritima (4:23)
- Por do Sol (5:11)
- Raga Espiritual (4:38)
- Ijexá (2:45)
- Espirito da Bahia (3:06)
- Malekuku (4:22)
- Oxossi e Ossaim (4:17)
- Afro Moderno (3:29)
- Maracoco (1:44)
- Bataxalá (4:59)
Total runtime: 38:46
All songs are either from the public domain or are original compositions of Bira’s. All arrangements are by Bira Santos.
- Bira Santos: Vocals, Djembe, Moringa, Effects, Congas, Berimbau, Atabaque
- Lazaro Junior: Djembe, Congas
- Israel Lima: Vocals, Base Guitar, Calimba, Effects
- Johanna Ehh: Harmonica
- Gale Coutillier: Saxophone
- Mamady Abu Bakr: Reco Reco, Djembe, Talking Drum
- Kinho Santos: Djembe
- Angela Moreira: Vocals, Tabla
- Muriel Soubeyran: Vocals
- Alison Hammond: Vocals
- Concept and musical direction: Bira Santos
- Art: Marie Hegba Tehuti
- Graphics: Bianca Freitas
- Recording and mastering: Israel Lima
- Production: Rachel Santos